Care Workers – Home Care
- Multiple positions available on a casual basis
- Various locations across Northern and Eastern suburbs
- Make a difference in the lives of our customers by supporting them to live in their own homes
Who are we looking for?
We have a number of casual Care Worker positions available to join our Community Aged Care Team. These roles would suit people with warm and understanding personalities to work together with customers, their families and carers to improve the health, lifestyle and well-being of customers. No job will be too hard or too basic for you – whether it is personal care, transport, domestic assistance, or social support, you will always be eager to lend a helping hand. Your focus will be on customers’ strengths, promoting their independence and encouraging their engagement in the community.
What do you need to bring?
- A Certificate III in either Aged Care, Home and Community Care, or Individual Support
- Knowledge of the physical, emotional and social needs of older people living in the community
- Willingness to go above and beyond to provide individualised care that empowers independence
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills that enable you to build relationships with your customers
- A current drivers licence and your own insured, roadworthy vehicle – for which you will be paid mileage allowance
What can you expect to be doing?
- Provide innovative, creative and dynamic approaches of care to meet the needs of our customers
- Assist our customers across the Northern and Eastern suburbs of Adelaide to remain living at home by increasing their independence
- Support our customers to stay connected to the people and activities that matter to them
- Provide a range of home care support services such as social support, personal care, domestic services and transport
- Maintain excellent communication with colleagues around customer’s health, wellbeing and services we provide
Who is AnglicareSA?
As SA’s largest social services provider, AnglicareSA makes a positive difference to the lives of more than 65,000 people each year. Our 1,800 staff and 580 volunteers support individuals, families and communities, responding to their immediate need and working with them to build capacity to restore and maintain dignity and control in their lives. Our services are broad, supporting people at every stage of life. We provide:
- Disability and mental health support;
- Community and affordable housing;
- Aged care services;
- Out-of-home care for children and young people, including foster care;
- Emergency assistance, and
- Many other services and programs.
We believe in social justice, the equal worth of each citizen, equality of opportunity and the importance of strong communities. Together we change lives.
What can AnglicareSA offer me?
- Employment with one of the state’s largest service providers
- Access to our fantastic salary packaging options – increase your take home pay by decreasing the amount of tax you pay!
- Banking benefits, health care discounts and gym membership offers
- A collaborative and exciting team culture who have a focus on improving the lives of many
How to Apply:
Click here to view the Job Description
To apply please complete the questions below and attach your resume and cover letter
For further information please contact Eugena on 08 8209 6649
Applications close 9am, Monday 11 November 2019.
AnglicareSA is committed to the employment of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. Please contact our Aboriginal Services team on 8305 9237 to discuss joining AnglicareSA.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to provide a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
Some roles will also be required to undergo a DHS Child Related Employment Screening Check or a Disability Services Employment Screening Check, and Psychological Suitability Assessments.