Behaviour Support Practitioner
- Full-time, fixed-term contract up to November 2020
- Based in Metropolitan Adelaide
- Multiple positions available
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced Behaviour Support Practitioner to work within our Disability and Mental Health teams. You will use your comprehensive knowledge and expertise to work with customers, families, staff and other professionals who are involved in the support of an individual.
This is the perfect opportunity for an individual to make their mark in a brand new position, making a meaningful difference in the lives of many.
What do you need to bring?
- Tertiary qualification in Developmental Education, Behavioural Science, or Social Work, and have current relevant registration, as appropriate to your profession
- Solid experience working in behaviour support for customers with complex disability and strong knowledge of regulated restrictive practices
- An understanding of the NDIS Commission, including the NDIS Restrictive Practices and Behaviour Support
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to develop good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including customers, families and medical providers
- Comprehensive knowledge of complex behaviour support and the development and delivery of innovative approaches based on current best practice.
- Registered or eligible for registration as a Behaviour Support Practitioner with the NDIS
- Current Australian Drivers Licence
What can you expect to be doing?
- Working with customers, families, staff and other professionals to develop and implement Behaviour Support Plans
- Delivering professional support, training and consultation, support customers family members and staff members
- Creating, interims and comprehensive behaviour support plans that contain restrictive practices in consultation with customers, families, staff and other key stakeholders
- Provide clinical advice and assessment to aide in the reduction and elimination of the use of restrictive practices
- Writing and submitting detailed, comprehensive reports within the specified time line
- Developing of positive behaviour support plans in consultation with customer, families, staff and other key stake holders
Who is AnglicareSA?
As SA’s largest social services provider, AnglicareSA makes a positive difference to the lives of more than 65,000 people each year. Our 1,800 staff and 580 volunteers support individuals, families and communities, responding to their immediate need and working with them to build capacity to restore and maintain dignity and control in their lives. Our services are broad, supporting people at every stage of life.
We believe in social justice, the equal worth of each citizen, equality of opportunity and the importance of strong communities. Together we change lives.
What can AnglicareSA offer me?
- Access to our fantastic salary packaging options – increase your take home pay by decreasing the amount of tax you pay!
- Banking benefits, health care discounts and gym membership offers
- A collaborative and exciting team culture who have a focus on improving the lives of many
How to Apply:
Click here to view the Job Description
To apply please complete the questions below and attach your resume and cover letter
When applying, please ensure you address the demonstrable requirements/competencies in your covering letter
For further information please contact Bridget Knowles on 0411 875 056
Applications close 9am Monday 11th November 2019
AnglicareSA is committed to the employment of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. Please contact our Aboriginal Services team on 8305 9237 to discuss joining AnglicareSA.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to provide a National Criminal History Check (unsupervised contact with vulnerable people) prior to commencement.
Some roles will also be required to undergo a Working with Children Check (WCCC) or a DHS Disability Services Employment Screening Check, and Psychological Suitability Assessments.