Early Childhood Teacher
- Full-time, fixed-term contract to 30 June 2020
- Based in Prospect
- Support children with autism to learn and develop in an early learning centre
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an enthusiastic and creative Early Childhood Teacher to work within a multi-disciplinary team with children at our Autism Specific Early Learning and Care Centre. The successful applicant will develop creative activities and programs that are unique and effective for children living with Autism aged 2-6 years in a dynamic, busy environment, collaborating with a team of Early Childhood Educators, Occupational Therapists and Speech Pathologists.
What do you need to bring?
- Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood), or equivalent qualifications in line with NQS requirements
- Diploma in Children’s Services will be highly regarded
- Previous experience developing and delivering a high quality pre-school curriculum, including planning evaluation and sound documentation
- Sound knowledge of early childhood development, education, EYLF and NQS
- Ability to be self-directed and collaborative and ability to work autonomously and within a team
- Current Teacher Registration SA
What can you expect to be doing?
- Develop, deliver and evaluate the preschool curriculum with the National Quality Framework
- Ensure the service meets National Quality Standards (NQS), Social, Communication, Emotional, Regulation and Transactional Supports Model (SCERTS), and Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF)
- Oversee the transition to school for the children, supporting families through the process and working with DECD and Educational Facilities as required.
- Support and collaborate with the senior room coordinator and work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Establish and maintain positive, productive and respectful relationships with children and their families
Who is AnglicareSA?
As SA’s largest social services provider, AnglicareSA makes a positive difference to the lives of more than 65,000 people each year. Our 1,800 staff and 580 volunteers support individuals, families and communities, responding to their immediate need and working with them to build capacity to restore and maintain dignity and control in their lives. Our services are broad, supporting people at every stage of life.
We believe in social justice, the equal worth of each citizen, equality of opportunity and the importance of strong communities. Together we change lives.
What can AnglicareSA offer me?
- Access to our fantastic salary packaging options – increase your take home pay by decreasing the amount of tax you pay
- Banking benefits, health care discounts, gym membership offers, paid parental leave, and much more
- A diverse and supportive team culture who have a focus on improving the lives of many
How to Apply:
Click here to view the Job Description
To apply please complete the questions below and attach your resume and cover letter
When applying, please ensure you address the demonstrable requirements/competencies in your covering letter
For further information please contact Grace Frost on 8269 8688
Applications close 9am, Monday 18th of November 2019
AnglicareSA is committed to the employment of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. Please contact our Aboriginal Services team on 8305 9237 to discuss joining AnglicareSA.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to provide a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
Some roles will also be required to undergo a DHS Child Related Employment Screening Check or a Disability Services Employment Screening Check, and Psychological Suitability Assessments.